1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Snow in NJ next week?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mkwl, Nov 20, 2005.

1. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I just checked weather.com, and they are predicting SNOW here in Northern, NJ for Thursday. This has me a little concerned since many of the leaves on my lawns still need to fall off the trees. Should I do a quick final cleanup on all the jobs before it snows and call it quits for the season? What do you guys think?:dizzy:
  2. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Snow will melt man... its early for jersey... I bet you guys just get rain.. I would clean as many of them before the storm hits and see what happens.. we got 3 to 4 inches last fri and its gone already and people are out cleaning up today.
  3. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

We're just about ready here in Pa for plowing, I just hav a few odds and ends to do.
  4. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks, anyone else?:waving:
  5. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Hopefully It wont be very much and wont be here long, I think its too warm yet, Ive got 2 days rain coming and then we are forecast for some snow wed night here and Im in southern va. maybe 40 miles north of the North Carolina border. Ive got plenty of leaves to get up and prob 25-35% left on the trees
  6. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

I'm gonna be down in Va. for the week and i'm not really ready for plowing yet. Is it going to be a few inches?
  7. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Hooked the plow up today...still had a WB blower and backpacks in the bed of the truck. I figure then I could just show up to the jobsite and be ready for plowing or leaf cleanup....:cool2:
  8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

It is most likely be a mix of rain and snow now they are saying. I wouldn't get too worried.

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

I never heed a weather report beyond 24 hrs. But Mother Nature does have a cruel sense of humor.
  10. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

As of now the weather has changed here for southern va, NO SNOW and now they are forecasting 50% rain with temps in the 40's. Some one once said if ya dont like the weather wait 15 min and go back outside and look again. It will prob change again before the week is out