snow in the forecast

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by John Allin, Oct 3, 2000.

1. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

We have snow in our long range forecast here in Erie. Tonights forecast has "wet snow" in the upper elevations for this weekend.

Am I first ??

2. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

Montana, Wyoming had snow 2 weeks ago. About 15" or so. Also got into the mountains of Colorado. Sammy from Intergraded may have even seen some white stuff.
    Dino

3. John Allin

Stupid. Just stupid.

I KNEW about Colorado. Peggy and Tammy were there last week !!

Boy am I stupid.

Or.....

just highly excitable about snow.....

whattayathink?????

4. plowking35

from S.E. CT

Survey says
    Well excited about snow is the PC answer.
    BTW I see you are up to member status, keep posting. bound to be senior member in no time.
    WAAAAAAAAAAY to early for snow, in fact if it stays away till January, and temps in the 60's-70 is fine with me. I have waaaaaaaaaaaay to much outside to work to complete before then. After that let it snow let it snow.
    Dino

5. John Allin

Our first plowable snow is usually in the first or second week of November. However, when the "S" word comes up in the forecast, alot of the proposals in the 'quotes out' file get pushed into the 'sold' file in short order. And, with the high temps to be in the low 40's this weekend, we will get alot of people to move off center with regards to signing up.

Is it that way with any of you ??

6. plowking35

from S.E. CT

I have at least 2 contracts faxed to me during the first snowfall every year. No matter how mnay reminder calls they recieve. Company policy, no contract no plowing.
    Poor planning on their part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Dino

7. John Allin

No wonder Peggy and Tammy like you so much......

8. Alan

Alan Member

Dino!!! >>in fact if it stays away till January, and temps in the 60's-70 is fine with me. <<

HERESY you speak!!!!!!!!!!! You oughta be drummed out of SIMA for that kind of talk! Snow is like sex in a couple ways,, first you never know how many inches there will be nor how long it will last,,and secondly, NEVER pass up the opportunity, every one you miss is one you can never get back!

9. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

just rented "snow day" definately put me in the mood

we usually do not plow or salt until after christmas

first plowable snow in last 15 years or so was november 1 so thats is when i am all set up and ready at the latest

10. Aspen Snow

Aspen Snow LawnSite Member

Alan,

That is a great reply anyway it can snow yet I have not got the chance to respond to John Allin First Union bank deal.