Snow in the Northeast!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rodfather, Jan 23, 2004.

1. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Well, they're predicting more snow for us...but no one is saying how much. I'm going out on a limb and saying I think it will be a lot since here where I live it's supposed to begin on Sunday and snow all the way till Tuesday sometime.

rodfather says get those plows and blowers ready boys...

2. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Been a piss poor snow season around here this year so far. Had plow and spreader on one of the trucks for couple months now and still waiting. Love pushing that stuff around at 3 in the morning with a hot coffee (yea< i said coffee) between my legs. :cool:

3. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

I have 3 trucks set up with plows and spreaders. Only had 1 truck plow one time and 1 truck spread salt one time so far this year sucks for plowing in ohio

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry to hear bout that guys...we've already had 5 snow events so far this season.

5. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

The storm is "supposed" to hit us Monday into Tuesday. It better haven't had a plowable event yet this month, only two for the season!!!!!

6. Ground Effects NH

Ground Effects NH LawnSite Senior Member

Same here, Using the snow word pretty freely, but will not commit to any prediction. Been a very slow mouth the truck is to clean for this time of year.

7. Ground Effects NH

Ground Effects NH LawnSite Senior Member

LB only 2 ..Dame I thought it was slow for me. I have 8 pushes, 3 sand. I am located near Winnipesaukee Lake.

8. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have plowed about 5 or 6 times so far this season.The first two storms were heavy snow 12+ the others have been little 2 to 4 inch snowfalls.They are all talking about something for monday/tuesday,doesnt sound to big but maybe enough to plow everyone.Just what i like :)

9. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Yup only 2 both in december, they were both good sized one about 9 inches and the other 13 but since then just a dusting here and there, total snowfall for the month of Jan is 3 inches to date, that is from 6 dustings!!!! :angry: :angry: