Snow Mold

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Kevin, Mar 5, 2000.

1. Kevin

Kevin LawnSite Member
    from S.E. PA

What has anyone done to remedy Typhula Blight? Aerate the area? Never had this problem before, I think this is just the result of a large amount of snow melting very slow. Thank in advance. Kevin
  2. curlawngreen

curlawngreen Banned

Check with your local ag-ext. The master gardener should have some help for you also.
  3. Aerate in 3 directions, run a power rake over the area until you make a seed bed.<br>Spread ryegrass, rake, roll, and apply penn mulch.<p>You have to apply fungicide in the fall to<br>prevent snow molds in the spring.<p>There is nothing that &quot;cures&quot; a snow mold<br>once the pathogen has started.
  4. richard

richard Banned

i deal with grey snowmold and in the fall i use a product called Fe 8 and then in spring wake up my turf with it mixed with liquid urea.<p>
  5. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

Kevin, you cannot deal with apparent fungus problems by conjecture. Have you had the problem positively identified? If you have had a sample tested by knowledgeable office or person, and know for sure that you are dealing with gray snow mold, then see &lt;a href=&quot;]&quot;&gt;Snow Mold&lt;/a&gt;, or numerous other extension service sites.<p>In my experience, shorter mowing late in season is the best cultural practice. In 20 yrs, only had one major case of gray snow mold, and that was in a mostly bentgrass lawn.<p>----------<br>Jim<br>North central Indiana<p>