1. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Well the weather forcast are talking about snow for maine. Not sure what we will end up with, for accumulations if any. I know the fort kent is forcasted to get 6 to 10"

Geoff

2. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

I saw that on TWC and thought about you. Hopefully you get some white stuff where you are!!

3. GeoffDiamond

from Maine

I am ready on the equipment end. We could plow no problem if we had to. However we have yet to mark drives and parking lots. Not all my contracts are in yet, because the last day is 10/31/00. If we have to plow, it's going to be a toss up on if we should plow with out a contract or not. We have had early snows before, but have always had all the contracts in.

Bill I guess you were right on this one.

Geoff

4. snow

snow Guest

well, i guess someone paid al roker off finally :). I had heard that we might get snow flurries tomorrow, but didn't believe it. I would be ready if we got accumulation now that my trailer is registered and i can transport my equipment on it. my snowblowers are in good shape, and the shovels are ready. the magic salt is not at my house yet.

Bryan

p.s- geoff, please email me BKrois@aol.com, i need to tell you something off forum

[Edited by snow on 10-29-2000 at 01:29 AM]

5. DaveO

DaveO LawnSite Member

Geoff,

Our forecast is for rain/snowshowers. Wind is REAL strong right now, temp has dropped to just above freezing. I doubt we will get any accumulation. Weathermen say YOU will. It's been a LOT of years since I have seen snow in October around here. Maybe we'll have a REAL winter this year.

I SMELL SNOW COMING....

Dave

[Edited by DaveO on 10-29-2000 at 02:27 AM]

6. GeoffDiamond

from Maine

11 PM news, reports 4" to 7" possible, by Monday AM. Plows and sanders are going on the trucks. I didn't even get my leaves picked up this year at my house. Oh well.

However the weather service has yet to give accumulations, or a winter storm warning or advisory.

Geoff

[Edited by GeoffDiamond on 10-29-2000 at 03:07 AM]

7. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Geoff are you located in Maine? Our landscape company is outside of the Portland area. We serve from Falmouth to Naples.

8. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Thursday the 26th I wrote, "You folks in northern New England better be ready this weekend, theres the potential for the first snow of the season Sat and Sun. Coastal storm vs. Canadian jet stream = some sort of cold wet stuff." One response: "Nope. Not gonna happen." Another: "I second that one, and i am further north than John. Bill your computer may have the "snow virus", if you are getting your weather off the net."

Here in CT its been snow showers off and on all day, temp now is 37F. 50 percent chance of accumulating snow tonight temp near 30.

Never doubt the wisdom of thelawnguy ;)

9. Snow Pro

Snow Pro LawnSite Member

How many of you guys will do an account if you don't have the contracts in yet?

I got a new job last year plowing the Social Security building. The first time we went there it was almost done. I called the owner and he got them to stay away. It was ours after that. I don't think he got paid for it because we were on a fixed contract for the season. They didn't deduct anything from our pay.

10. n y snow pros

n y snow pros LawnSite Senior Member

Its Sunday evening here in N.Y. about 5pm and i bet Geoff is in it up to his ears in Maine,lucky him!When you read this Geoff it will probably be Monday so i hope you did well and made some money along with anyother Mainiacs and northern New Englanders good luck.