Snow plow yet again

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by gps_jetskier, Dec 12, 2006.

1. gps_jetskier

gps_jetskier LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone have any decent close up detail pictures of this animal and how it works?

I gotta think using one would be better then the tractor really. How it lifts up and how easy it is to take on and off is a biggy for me.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I was just in your neck of the woods yesterday and today, would of loved to show you one in person.....lol...lol....
    I am working on the pics, as I type this I am also typing a e-mail to see if they have anything more detailed yet.

Pj

3. gps_jetskier

RATS. That would have been cool. No snow right now, but there will be sure as the world.

I found a company that makes a universal unit that you can use your legs to lift it. Seems interesting, but I'm not sure how they compare.

I have a tractor for plowing, but if one of these plows like they mow, this is a no brainer.

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I have the complete manual on it for you, plenty of close up pictures and such.
    E-mail me and I will e-mail it back to you, its to large to post here.

Pj

5. cutting crew

cutting crew LawnSite Member

Just bought 4 brand new XR7 2-60's and 2-72's and put the Hustler plows on two of them. I used them on our last snow and they work great. We put chains on both tractors. One suggestion though, we put a plow on a 60 and a 72, the 72 kept falling of of some walks because of the wider stance so we had our dealer put the mow deck back on and put it on the other 60 machine.

6. cutting crew

cutting crew LawnSite Member

Super Z's are what we bought. Our walkers were worn out and I wanted more production(=speed).

7. gps_jetskier

Seems like they'd almost have to have chains. My Z spins in wet grass really.
    I'm not crazy about having to take the deck off either. However, if it's all that and a bag of chips I guess it's worth the effort.

Before I make a haul to my nearest dealer, what's the going rate on one?

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Snow Blade, Hustler Z / Super Z part # 927582 MSRP = $1,100.00 plus S+H
    Check with the dealer for the exact price.

Pj

9. gps_jetskier

Hmm...that's more then I was thinking.

http://www.countryztr.com/ has one that's cheaper and doesn't require the deck to be taken off. However, I'm not sure how good it works either. Get what you pay for maybe.

10. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Exactly what I was going to say.