1. 127

127 Guest

Have they corrected the problem with fenderwells rusting in the newer trucks due to salting the roads? Haven't heard any discussion about it.

2. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

The ones in my 95 Dodge are plastic, so I will have to say, Yes.<p>Bill

3. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

Most trucks are lasting longer, however i did see a 94 f-150today that was losing the rear rear openings in the bed due to rust.<br>My 98 chevy has steel front wheelwells and they look like new , and that is after 3 yrs of plowing.<br>I will say this that chevy does a good job of sealing off the engine compartment. I have no rust or discoloration on my engine, whereas Brians Ranger is a mess from salt spray.<br>Dino<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org

4. Deere John

Deere John LawnSite Senior Member

I was suprised to see a '94 Dodge (new style) with the very bottoms of the doors rotting away. This is a few years sooner than I would have expected.<p>----------<br>John<br>

5. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

I WASH MY TRUCKS AFTER EVERY PLOWING/SALTING USE AND OIL SPRAY IN THE FALL, I THINK THE WASHING HELPS A LOT<p>DOUG

6. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I haven't had any rust problems. Only every truck gets washed after a storm so that must help. My new shop will have two wash bays, for washing trucks. I have guys go home, and the when the come back the next day they wash trucks.<p>Geoff