Snow plowing pricing in May?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Uranus, May 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I've signed up several new maintenance customers up this year and a few are asking about snow plowing. I've been telling them it's going to be about $45-50 per plow but I can not give a 100% firm price until October. I don't want to burn myself and have the high cost of fuel cut into profits to much. Plus plowing season is a long way away. Who knows what fuel is going to be in Nov/Dec. I'm sure prices are going to be going up at the dealers for new equipment and labor too.

So has anyone given any thoughts to snowplowing yet? Maybe $5.00 across the board per driveway? I'm not a fan of surcharging. I've always anticipated fuel prices going up and build it into my contracted price.

I know, I know, this should be on plowsite. But with only 6 members signed on right now it aint going to happen.

2. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

all my contracts are really gonna go out the window till about september. Theres just noway i am gonna bid until then because with gas ever changing. Your play russian roulete with a full gun

3. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Think about how the guys who plow shopping plazas and malls feel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.