Snow Plowing Pricing

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by m&mmowing, Sep 8, 2009.

1. m&mmowing

m&mmowing LawnSite Member

I searched plowsite, and tried here, but got frustrated not finding what i wanted to find.

How much would you charge for a residential driveway to plow?
    I'm thinking contracts at 2 inches.

I think it's very untapped, and I will get schools of clients, 4-5 in one place.

Will be using a toro dingo to plow with, and ice melt will be offered as well with the plowing

2. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

You should probably direct that question to plowsite. And you didn't give much info, a residential driveway could be 30 feet long or 300 feet long.

3. m&mmowing

m&mmowing LawnSite Member

Good point, thank you and sorry for the lack of info, prolly lookin at 40-50 ft long driveways

4. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Around here those would be about $15-$20, but that is with a truck and plow.

5. SangerLawn

SangerLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

In my parts we get $30 for a drive that size. Keep in mind though. We only get 1 maybe 2 snow storms a year so not many people have equipment so the demand stays high. If you get a lot of snow then the price will probably be lower since more people are prepared.

6. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Around here for 40ft I would get about 35-40 bucks. I need to get all customers on a contract for snow, just haven't gotten around to typing it up.

7. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i was looking for an answer to a similar question... THanks

8. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah normal pricing for my drives and my neighbors drives are anywhere from $15-25, then a small lot that he does is $35. Oh well, thats Michigan,

9. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

$35-$40 here

10. mnglocker

mnglocker LawnSite Senior Member

Save the dingo for commercial sidewalks and get a plow on your truck. With the loading/unloading time, the rate that you'll remove snow and competive pricing, you'll be kicking your own ass.

Fyi, I get $25 for a 2 car wide x 50ft driveway.