snow removal for residentials

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by bobbygedd, Feb 6, 2001.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i have a question about snow removal pricing, i am in central nj, and do mostly residential work, i never done snow removal. id like to offer it in this years contracts, but have no idea how to price it, or contract it. how much is the going rate for an average residential? say, 50-60 ft of walkway, and a two car driveway, in 8 inches of snow? do u salt too? thanks for any help. BOB

2. jatino

jatino LawnSite Member

Bobby,
    Can't answer your question on what to charge, but salting is done frequently which leads you to me. Don't forget to alert customers with concrete surfaces that, salt,impurities, time and erosion are deteoriating their concrete. Tap in on what the Government and state DOT's are doing to protect their property....Sealing their concrete for long life, effective cleaning and easier ice removal. This is a natural add on with rough winters damaging concrete surfaces. Call and I would be happy to elaborate and explain how to blend with your business. Have a prosperous year.
    Jay T./V-SEAL