snow storm???

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by paul, Feb 18, 2000.

1. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

4am cst just a trace on ground! weather man forecast 6-14&quot;??? by 6am will it miss us again??<p>----------<br>paul<br>

2. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

It's a comin'!<p>They said is was delayed from earlier forecasts.<p>Have you ever noticed when a snow storm is delayed, we always get less snow than the original forecast?<p>Anyway, there will be enough by the end of today.

3. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

It is 830 here,they said it would start by 800 and it started at 730,so they were good here.We have almost an inch now so I'm heading out.<p>----------<br>John D<br>

4. cutntrim

cutntrim LawnSite Senior Member

9 out of 10 times the weather guys are early in their storm predictions here. Once again it's arriving later than they predicted. It's definately on the way though. We might get lucky and just get snow, and none of the mixed stuff. We might not be going out until late afternoon, or even after dinner now.<p>----------<br>Dave in S.Ontario<br>

5. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

It's comming to maine around 3:00 or 4:00. The plows are on the trucks, the trucks lined up outside ready for action. The trucks with spreaders are in the shop full of sand, and ready to rock and roll.<p>Geoff<p>Geoff

6. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith LawnSite Senior Member

Well, it 10:40 AM here, and the pavement is just begining to cover. it started snowing about an hour ago. The forecast still says 6&quot; +. but I think they are way off on this one for us here in NJ. Looks like it will change over soon. I keep checking to see where the rain/snow line is at Intellicast.<br>Check it out. On the main page, click on US Radar. On the next page, click on Radar Loop. Give it time to load the loop. You can see the way the storm is moving. Also, shows where rain, snow, and a mix is falling.<p>www.intellicast.com<p><p>~Chuck<p>----------<br>Chuck's Chevy Truck Pages - Snowplowing Central<br>http://members.aol.com/csmith669/plowcentral.html

7. Matt

Matt LawnSite Member

Chuck<br> I pulled up the radar loop like you explained but the time dosen't seem to make much sense. It is already listing 17:00 hours and it is only 12:30 here, how do you translate their time to your time?<br>Thanks Matt<br>

8. DaveO

DaveO LawnSite Member

The time on intellicast is GMT(Greenwhich Mean Time), also called ZULU time. It is 5 hrs ahead of EST.<p>Dave

9. vince

vince LawnSite Member

its past 8:00 p.m. and its really coming down here. i'm in springfield, new hampshire south of dartmouth college and north of concord. it started here about 1:00 p.m. and hasn't stopped. temperature outside is around 10 above and holding. appears to be at least six to eight on the ground now, and we are expecting 1 inch per hour until 2:00 a.m. the storm is supposed to last into the late morning tomorrow. 12 to 15 has been the prediction with another due here on sunday if it makes it. most of you guys are out in it now unless what we hear up here that connecticut down towards new york has already turned to rain. what's going on? thats it from north central new hampshire.<p><br>vince panaroni