SNOW This Sat.MAY 18th

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tim Baden, May 14, 2002.

1. Tim Baden

Tim Baden LawnSite Member

That's right folks they are calling for snow changing(maybe)to rain in the afternoon this Sat. high of 38.
    In northern lower and upper Mich it's going to stick in the morning then melt(maybe)in the afternoon.
    Now even in Mi.this is a little late for that going on.But it beats a temp of 85-95 with high humitity.
    Give me a temp of 65-75 and a little north breeze.
  2. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I feel your shock.

Today I wore shorts, tomorrow I will wear winter gear. This is the coldest May I can remember...It was the warmest Winter?

Lows into the 30's tonight and high in the upper 40's tomorrow, which is 20 degrees below normal.
  3. Dennis E.

Dennis E. LawnSite Senior Member

I'll take the heat and humidity. It's not so bad.
    I grew up in Wisc. and hope I never have to live in those type conditions again.
    It's nice going out to mow in DECEMBER!

:D :D :D
  4. whacked_46

whacked_46 LawnSite Member

Last Monday in Southern Alberta Canada......We had 60 4 feet of snow in some areas. The last 5 days it has been 20-25 degrees out here....

What is Mother Nature Thinking (If Anything At All.)
  5. maple city

maple city LawnSite Senior Member

I just heard the snow rumor for my area as well on Saturday (northern IN). We have a big job scheduled for that day. We were supposed to do it last week but we are so far behind on mowing from the rain that we are playing catch up.

There's been April snow in my area that I can remember, but not may.

The way this year is going, it may snow in July to make up for December.
  6. ADMowing

ADMowing LawnSite Member
    from Florida

We agree, Dennis E.!!! We mow in Florida in December one week and go to the beach the next! We used to live in New Hampshire and Pennsylvania and we don't miss the snow!

In laws are in Michigan and I bet they wish they stayed down here another month or two!!!

We need RAIN though! By the time the snow hits Florida, it'll turn into rain, so send some on down!!!
  7. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I do not wish for the high heat but we had one warm week in April but other than that it has been cold every day. I am by Lake Michigan so it is always 10 deg cooler here than inland. and the stiff breeze everyday has made it miserable. I am so sick of wearing my winter coat and freezing every day.
  8. Esby33

Esby33 LawnSite Member

Snow/rain/wind in the forcast for us too. Not much you can do but sit back and watch. Hmmmm....I wonder in the Exmark will mulch a snow drift.........
  9. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Mayby here too but hey, we need the moisture:cry:

Its a very strange spring. The other thing we have been getting is alot of wind. Its a bear to get out and spray with anything other than a backpack. Today the wind will be 25-30mph sustained.

We can complain all we want but show me the guy that can do something about it and I'll hire him on the spot.

Gas up your snowblowers.
  10. Tim Baden

Tim Baden LawnSite Member

I heard them say on the radio this mite be the coldest summer on record
    comming for the upper midwest.The local stock car tracks are having trouble too.Have only raced 2 of the 4 weeks and had both enduro races cancelled because of weather.The grass in sw mi. is growing like they have never seen it grow before says the lco's,radio and tv stations.
    Makes me wonder what next winter is going to be like.HMMMMMMMM?