Snow Tires

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by JVS, Dec 28, 2000.

1. JVS

JVS LawnSite Member

I have 2 trucks I need to re tire for snow use. Can anyone recommend snow tires. Makes models, where etc... I have a 93 Ford F-250 & a 95 Fored F-250.
    If this question has been discussed elswhere please accept my apology.
    Joe

2. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

You should be able to do a search under snow tires and get a good amount of info there.
    I personally like the cooper line of tires.
    Dino

3. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

I use BF Goodwrench tires on all the trucks. They are excellent tires and havn't had any complaints yet.

4. IRISH

IRISH LawnSite Member

I will go with plowking on that those coopers seem to be the tire cooper wintermaster or cooper discovery STT are what we run and have 1 set for 5 yrs now and still working good

5. SCL

SCL LawnSite Senior Member

I put a set of Bridgestone Brigadiers on my one ton dump. Price was reasonable and man is this an aggressive tire. My truck is 4x2 and I haven'thad any problems since install.

6. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I put a set of Good Year Wranglers on my 97 HD F250. They have a tread on the outside of the tire for about 1" that almost is like a regular tread, but the rest of it is a snow tire tread. They are as quiet as a regular tread, but will grab good enough so I was able to plow most driveways in 2 wheel drive in the 18" blizzard we had last January. These driveways were plowed 3 times, so I took off an average of 6" each plowing. These 16" tires were $99.95 each at Sams Wholesale Club.

7. Michael Fronczak

Michael Fronczak LawnSite Member

Futura, from pepboys, bought a set this fall, $ 425, mounted, installed, balanced, ect. that price includes tax. Second set, sold first ones on truck, after two years were still in excellent shape. Most important thing is to get narrow tires sounds messed up, but they work 100X better than the stock tires that came from Chevy. Had a set of Coppers SST, a few years back on toyota pickup, the were terrible in snow & didn't hold up, thats just my experience with them.

[Edited by Michael Fronczak on 12-28-2000 at 11:31 AM]

8. cowboy

cowboy LawnSite Member

Cooper Weathermasters,
    that seems to be the general tire on the forum, and last week I saw them in action, my cousin has them on his trucks (personal trucks) and we went out snowmobiling, cut through the snow like a champ, never any tire slippage, and the roads were pretty nasty.

9. Kevin T

Kevin T LawnSite Member

B.F. Goodrich all terrains all the way....by far the best tire out there.

10. Psyclopse

Psyclopse LawnSite Member
    from In

I've been getting the Chaparels (spelling?)from the local Big R store. They seem to be pretty good and didn't cost very much. I'd like to try a set of Coopers next so I can see why everyone likes them. I think I have a Cooper dealer near here somewhere.