1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

SNOW!!! What the...........

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Twotoros, Mar 6, 2002.

1. Twotoros

Twotoros LawnSite Senior Member

I was to finish a clean-up today but two inches of snow says "not today"!
    Also puts the brakes on a couple of thatch jobs and clean-ups this week. And I thought I was getting the jump on things this season:cry:
  2. TOSLC

TOSLC LawnSite Member

Look at the bright side. . . Snow is water!
  3. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

Earlier this winter I thought we were going to be able to get a really early start with such a mild winter we were having. But I am starting to doubt that thought, temps have dipped well below average and we have recieved 4 inches of snow in the last 2 days and the forcast calls for 4 more days of the white stuff. Now of course this could all be countered by some above average temps and sunshine and we would still start early, but I just dont have a good feeling about it. Please warm weather, come our way-I want to get on the Lazer! :blob3:
  4. rodney

rodney LawnSite Member
    from sw,ohio

sounds like a good day to be sitting in a bar some where.
  5. mike payne

mike payne LawnSite Member

`I started my spring clean ups two weeks ago. We got a good snow last week and halted my work. I was very happy for the snow because we need water in any form.
  6. crew

crew LawnSite Member

Finally have some snow to plow here and I'm a little cheesed about it. I was getting used to getting paid for doing nothing and resent the intrusion on my free time. ;)
    esby - you guys keep getting the snow that never quite makes it here. I hope its money for you.
  7. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

hey, if you guys don't want the snow send it my way. I'd be happy if it snowed all year here. We only got to plow 2 small storms this winter, that hurt. :(