Snow wings for western 6.5!

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by hardz123, Feb 16, 2000.

1. hardz123

hardz123 Guest

I want to use this 6.5 Pro Western Plow on a full size Bronco using snow wings to add the nessecary width for this application, Will this work!!!!!!

2. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

The wings are not recommeded for any 6.5, or 9'and larger plows.<br>That being said will they work,probably so, but you will have to be carefull so as not to bend the ednd of the moldboard.<br>It nots the truck thats weak, its the plow. 6.5' plows are made with less metal so small trucks can handle the weight,by adding wings to the sides you are grossly exceeding the engineered strength of the plow. Plus you are adding side loading along with the front weight.<br>Try and see if you can find a 7 or 7.5' plow. it will be stronger and last alot longer then a 6.5' plow.<br>Dino<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org

3. lawnman

lawnman LawnSite Member

Everything Plowking said is Dido with me. I would definately go for the 7.5 ft. and forget the wings altogether. 7.5 is perfect for that truck.