Snow!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TuffWork, Oct 26, 2011.

1. TuffWork

TuffWork LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, 90% percent chance of snow tonight in the Texas Panhandle. It didn't rain all year, and now we've got snow in October. I bet I'll be done mowing the first week of November now. It's usually the first week of December. I guess that's cool, though. Nov. 15-18 I'll be taking my irrigation class and it's Thanksgiving shortly after that. I'm about ready for this nightmare of a season to be over with anyhow.

2. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

They're saying we are getting snow up here..... definitely not cold enough yet so it to stick around..... And people are freaking out about it on facebook too
    !

3. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

snow in october in texas?...wow that's gotta be some kind of record lol

4. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

ground temp here is 51 so in Texas it wont stick

5. wow a white halloween.

6. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

3 chances for snow in the forcast here in CT. It's about a month early for that. Usually we don't get the first snowfall until around Thanksgiving. I like it though. It helps my case in convincing my customers to not wait until all the leaves are down before doing fall cleanups....do the getting while the getting is good.

7. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

Tell them Pre Fall Cleanup

8. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

A lot of the trees here are bare already...swamp maples and birches and fruit and nut trees to name a few...not to get off topic.

If it does snow it will just take me a few hours to prep for a minor storm, assuming mice haven't chewed all the wires on my plow or anything.

9. StihlMechanic

StihlMechanic LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm curious, is there alot of plow work up there in the winter?

I am down near Dallas. Its been dry here but your climate zone gets about 20 inches less rain a year on average than me so I feel for you.

10. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

Snow is a four letter word in my vocabulary! For many of you farther north, I suppose it is a five letter word: MONEY! :)