Snow!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bommaritro, Nov 16, 2002.

1. bommaritro

bommaritro LawnSite Member

I thought I was going to get my last clean up done today only to look out the window and see snow. Looks to be about 1". I am hoping that it may melt off without making the yard to sloppy or else I am going to have a big spring clean up next year.

Ron

2. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

same thing happened to me. i think it will melt with no problem. that means i have to realy watch the weather so i can get my last two cleanups done before more comes on monday :(

3. bilbo7021

bilbo7021 LawnSite Member

wow Ron, you already have an inch? I'm only about a half hour south of you and we're getting sleet and snow mixed.

I'm wondering about Monday and Tuesday now due to I have someone wanting shrubs trimmed before Thanksgiving, and I might not make it. I've also got three last jobs to get to if it ever dries out again.

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

It's a Nor'easterner moving up the East Coast...should be gone by Sunday afternoon. Then windy on Monday with sunshine returning on Tuesday.

Still, it's gonna dump a lot of snow/sleet/rain and make cleanups the rest of the week nice and messy.

5. Ax Man

Ax Man LawnSite Senior Member

Only an hour north of Elmira and we got 6".
    Ice and rain followed, and is expected to change back to snow this afternoon with another 5-10 comming.
    I may have to go skiing.
    Last week we had a little less, and I found that leaves that are frozen don't pick up very well. I had to replan my attack.
    Well the way the weather is here in WNY it will probably be 60 till Xmas anyway.
    I only need another week to finish the mess.....
    TTFN

6. Bob's Lawn Care

Bob's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

We had about an inch of snow on saturday but it started raining and melted everything we got. Hopefully it will stay warm enough so it wont snow and I can finish my clean up, only 3 left. Then it can snow till march. Put away the mowers and pull out the sled!

7. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Got a dusting here too, enough to cover the roofs and make the grass white and brown with leaves. We are ahead of the game and if we got 2 feet tomorrow it wouldn't be the worst thing that happened. 3 or 4 jobs to go then off to rest.

8. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

We had a pretty good mix of sleet and freezing rain during Fri late night. Then about 1am there was a dusting on the lawns that accumualted to an inch if we got lucky -LOL!!!

Yesterday the flurries/sleet stopped early on and it changed to rain. It has been that way every since. Tonight after midnight we are supposed to get 3-6 in Bingo and have the options for another 1-2 tomorrow if the weather patterns all fall into place.

Looks like its going to be later in the week before we get back to clean-ups, and with all the rain bringing down what leaves would normally hold til after we are finished, some of the heavier wooded neighborhoods might have to be gone over one last time - uuggghhhh!!!

9. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

We finished up a job on Saturday night in the snow. At least it was easy to see where you had cleaned with the Walker. By the time we were finished there was 1/2" of snow on the lawn. It is a seasonal trailer park so didn't have to be spotless the owner just wanted some of the leaves gone.

10. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

I didn't know they cleaned up leaves in trailer parks...

I thought they just waited for the next tornado to come along...

Just kidding.

Gary