Snow?!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Russo Power Equipment, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Russo Power Equipment

Russo Power Equipment LawnSite Member

Looks like it's time to put away the lawn equipment and bring out the blowers and plows.

2. LewisLawn

LewisLawn LawnSite Senior Member

naw, not yet have at least a week and a half of cleanups left to do, inch to three on the ground here, snow that is but supposed to be 50's by the weekend...i just think of this as thick rain that will adventuallly dry up

3. nashlawn01

nashlawn01 LawnSite Senior Member

Snow let it snow!!!! Here in the mountains we have plenty of snow days. Can't wait. Today is the first. My wish is 2 inches a day 5 days a week. If we get that come spring I can start up again with bankroll

4. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

What's snow????? Lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

We got a dusting here. It may not totally melt today since its going to stay cold. I'm just going to mow over it. Too many leaves to let this stop me. Trying to get work done has been hard since it gets dark so stinking early.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. TuffTurfLawnCare

TuffTurfLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I was mowing yesterday. Got back home and covered the trailer. It now sits under a 2" blanket of snow. I will be mowing again on thursday afternoon.

7. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

did a 3.5hr cleanup yesterday.
    looks like things are on hold for today.lol
    Nothing like snow on the ground and leaves on the trees.

fine pix 006.jpg

8. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Ya that dark early thing is killer. Gets pitch black really fast at night now.

9. bare spot

bare spot LawnSite Bronze Member

pic's looks like my area today. been a lot of wind over the last wk, constant, noticed a lot of tree's dropped their leaves. saw high winds in the forecast for today but see what looks to be better weather for later this wk. hope fully it comes about, could use it.

10. KeystoneLawn&Landscaping

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

About 3 inches here, including the lake shore. Calling for 1-6 more overnight depending on location. Hoping for the 1 inch. Still have leaves on many trees. Looks like we may lose Thursday to melting also.