1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

forecast here in akron is 2 to 4 and they already got a 6" drop north and east of me some fellow posters just north of me are probably scrambling to get the salter and plow mounted

exciting this early

any one else?
  2. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith LawnSite Senior Member

The wife just yelled to me an hour ago, "They got 2" in Ohio tonight". She's watching the news under 5 blankets.

Lucky stiffs!!!! I say.....

She said you can keep it. LOL.

3. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

5 blankets already!? What's she going to do when it gets cold? Sounds like my wife. No blood running through them arteries. Had my first frost today, I guess that's a step in the right direction. That white grass sure looked pretty, although it stunk scraping a couple of windshields.
  4. JCurtis

JCurtis LawnSite Senior Member

Was 35F here this morning, frost on the grass, none on the glass.

Maybe the temperature drop will speed up the responses to the proposals I sent out. Got a few back, waiting for the rest.

Looking at a mid 80's K30 Dually with a fisher plow and aan airflo spreader. It needs work, but sounds like what I have been looking for. If I get it, I may just keep it like it is this year (as a spare) and totally redo it for next season ( you know dress it out and make it a truck to be proud of.

Nothing wrong with having a damn good looking work truck !!!

By the way he replaced it with a F550Superduty Dump (sharp looking, but I still prefer Chevy)