snoway hydrulic fluid

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by plow kid, Jan 11, 2001.

1. plow kid

plow kid Banned

is there a certin type of hydro fluid in the snoway system, my buddy said to use fisher fluid because he hasnt had a problem using it, i just want to change the fluid as a prevenitive maintnence thanks for the replies in advance

2. Alan

Alan Member

Sno-Way has some special, low temp fluid that they use. VERY expensive! I use synthetic ATF in all three of our Sno-Way power units. Might be a bit slow for the first few minutes but after that it works fine.

[Edited by plowking35 on 01-14-2001 at 08:54 AM]

3. 9FT.PILES

9FT.PILES Banned

9' piles, PLEASE STOP REQOUOTING EVERYONE, WE REMEMBER WHAT THEY SAID
    pick up a qt. today,youll love it , smooth!

[Edited by plowking35 on 01-14-2001 at 08:55 AM]

4. Alan

Alan Member

In my last post in this thread I got a typo in there and missed it when I proofread. Just realized it and the time limit is WAY expired for me to edit it. Could one of you fellows change that "ATC" to read "ATF"? Thanks a bunch.

5. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 LawnSite Senior Member

I was told to "ABSOLUTELY DO NOT USE ATF" in my SnoWay. They are meant to use type 5606 hydraulic fluid. I picked up an extra quart from our local dealer for about $7.

The fluid for SnoWay's is clear, as opposed to ATF which is red. Maybe on some of the other (or older) models, ATF is used or "okay" to use, but I was told not to on mine. I would check with SnoWay if you're unsure.

-Tim

6. Alan

Alan Member

Yeah,, they told me the same thing. I used their stuff until the warranty ran out, then I switched to ATF. Not regular ATF,, Amsoil Synthetic ATF, which seems to work just fine. They use a Fenner hydraulic unit, same as is used on power tailgates and other 12V hydraulic packs. ATF seems to work in all those, so why not on the plow as well.

7. plow kid

plow kid Banned

thanks for all the replies!, i have the amsoil atf in my trucks, sence the plow that came with my truck is well out of warranty i will just use that, thanks again, nate