1. Bluegrass Group

Bluegrass Group LawnSite Member

I am looking to purchase a plow for limited use at a small university in the Atlanta, GA area. Has anyone experience with the Snoway Predator 25 series? This would be mounted on an f-250 pickup.

2. CCSwanson

CCSwanson LawnSite Member

I am on my second season with my 9ft lexan snoway plow W/ The DP system. I am very pleased with it but only time will tell on durabiltiy.

3. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

I should think that in Atlanta, GA you could strap a piece of plywood to the front of the truck and plow one day with it and make a monster profit - even if you had to use two sheets of plywood. It's my understanding that if you get more than 1" there - everybody goes home till it melts anyway. So.... a Snoway will work great, given the amount of snow you see in that market.

4. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

You get snow in Atlanta??? Is it even enough to push? I think John's idea will work for ya :) Sorry I couldn't resist, I don't have a snow way or havn't used one so I can't help you here...

5. Alan

Alan Member

John,

From the tone of your last post it sounds like you're not too impressed wtih Sno-Way. Have you had bad experiences with them? If so, please expand on that. We've had decent luck with ours, not outstanding but certainly not bottom of the barrel either.

6. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

No, no, no.....

You misunderstood. I have NO experience with Sno-way. None. I cannot speak either way, and I have not heard anything either way too.

I was making a joke about not needing any particular plow in that particular market.

My sister lived in Atlanta for a couple years and they closed up the city at the threat of snow flurries.

That's all.

Sorry.

7. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 LawnSite Senior Member

I currently have a SnoWay 25-Series steel 7.5' plow. Granted... I' havn't gotten to use it yet except for on my own driveway, but I've been plowing with a lexan one in the past and it has performed flawlessly. I'm a big fan of these plows. They're lighter, you can "re-skin" the blade if it gets banged up, and of course... the down pressure system. I think I made an excellent choice.

-Tim

8. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

John I don't find your joke too humorous at this time. I was just checking out TWC & they're talking a little snow right there in GA & other South East states again tomorrow, while we can't even get a flurry up here in NJ. :( And to further spark the animosity, I see you're in for it again. You just won't share will ya.

9. Bluegrass Group

Bluegrass Group LawnSite Member

OK all you yankee flamers! We don't get a lot of snow here but the university I work at, Emory, has a big medical school and hospital so there is no closing down. With the slightest snow or ice everyone panics and as a result I need to be slightly overequipted. This isn't a profit making organization we are an in-house operation. For the record I am a transplanted yankee and plowed for the PA. DOT for years before moving to grit land.

10. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

Bluegrass
    I say that when you are done with the universtity plowing, take that plow and make enough to retire on, plowing in the area. As long as admin doesnt see you out there.
    Dino