Snowblade or broom for Zero turn?

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by cpp, May 7, 2001.

1. cpp

cpp LawnSite Member

I see toro's little zero turn has a snowblade. Any attachments like that for a zero turn like a dixie or other brand?

2. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

IMO,

Lawn Mowers are lawn mowers. If you want to plow don't plan on going very far with a mower. They do work as snowblowers, if it is the right unit.

Geoff

3. cpp

cpp LawnSite Member

Just wanted to clear the front of the garage area and short walk where I can't get with truck.

4. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I dont know how it would plow,but my Dixie gets around in 6" of snow real good-it amazed me,the deck drug in the snow,but it kept on going,so I bet it would do ok with a 4" or less accumulation in small areas.I see Dixie makes a 5 and 6 ft blade for the Dixie choppers,with electric or manual(foot ) lift.I thought of making a blade for my DC-but I have the steiner which is 4x4,and has a 48" dozer blade,hydraulic,so I didnt bother.

5. logjammer

logjammer LawnSite Member

We have a Lazer with the optional snow blade, it's 54" i think. We had to get new wheels and put agricultural bar type tires on it. We use it in down town Cleveland to clear granite sidewalks. It pushes very well when the blade is angled straight, but has a tendency to drift if you are windrowing. It can push 8" fairly easily but you have to add weight and lower the tire pressure. I'm not sure of the brand but we got it through our dealer.

Logjammer