Snowblower Attachment

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by heiert, Jan 27, 2005.

1. heiert

heiert LawnSite Member

Just wondering if anyone has purchased the snow blower attachment for the Fast Trac. Any problems or concerns? How does it handle in the snow? Just looking for any information that you may have regarding the performance of the snow blower.

Thank you for your time.

2. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

After 20 years of snowblowing, I wouldn't recommend a blower on anything you ride. They are just way too slow, cold and hard to manuever. Either use a plow, or the much better way to go is just a big self-propelled blower.
    A WB blower gives you great manueverability, and some exercise.
    If you have light snow MTD (cub cadet, yardman, white) has a 45" duel wheel self-propelled snowblower for about the same price as an add on blower for a tractor or the fast track (if they made something for it).
    For heavy snow, just about everyone makes a high-powered, small width blower.
    Pete

3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The snowblower works excellent, this unit was in testing a long time before we ever released it.
    I used to have a video of the unit in action in about 18 inches of snow, but I lost the hard drive in this computer a few weeks ago, if I can get another copy of the video I will post here to let you know.
    Traction was not a issue with chains and wheel wieghts, and the unit really throws the snow a good distance.

Pj

4. rott_dobe

rott_dobe LawnSite Member

I've never seen or heard of the snowblower attachment...are there any links I can see this at?

5. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Nothing is listed on the Hustler site.
    Gene

6. cklinger

cklinger LawnSite Member

Just curious...is this snow blower also available for the mini fastrak or one for it available as well? If not a blower then a blade perhaps? I am really interested in the mini fastrak, and this would be a nice added plus, though wouldn't be a deal breaker if I end up going with one, and there wasn't anything available.

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

There currently is not a snow blower attachment available for the Mini FasTrak, or snow blade.
    I know they are on our list of attachments to develop for that unit.

Pj

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Here are a couple pics of the FasTrak snowblower in action after a recent snow fall in New England.

P1010014_0015.jpg

P1010020_0021.jpg

P1010034_0035.jpg

P1010041_0042.jpg

P1010054_0055.jpg

9. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

PJ, nice. Is there such an attachment for the full sizer z or super z? Thanks

10. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I believe plans are in the works to have snow blowers available for the Hustler Z's and Super Z's next fall.

Pj