Snowed on first application

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by blade11, Feb 27, 2002.

1. blade11

blade11 LawnSite Member

We just endured our first significant snowfall of the year. It was sixty degrees one day and the next day it snow several inches! Anyway, a company that mainly fertilizes had already applied their first round of fertilizer before the snow. In my amateur opinion, this application's function has been lost and the customers are mad. Here is a good example of jumping the gun...any thoughts/remarks?:rolleyes:
  2. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

Jumping the gun? Probably. Waste an application? Not really. The material is still there. Will it be as effective as material I put on at the proper time? No. But the answer to that question would have been No even before it snowed. From Springfield HUh. I'm from Auburn..

3. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

Just like rain and maybe better. No waste at all.
  4. So it's going to get watered in just like spring rain.

Not a waste at all, it snowed here in STL same day as you and I started apps last week.
  5. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

6. NICE!!! Make that "TG-LGF" LMAO

Their marketing, sales and all, are one of the best.

Their service is what sucks.

If I was the size of them, I would not let the crap go on for as long as they have.

I read an artical about them, they want to try and bring up that customer retension percentage, because it's starting to give them a bad name, and it is costing them too much for new customers.

You would think they would have thought that 10 years ago easy.