snowed out

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hustlers, Oct 26, 2001.

1. hustlers

hustlers LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

I have been outta work up north in
    MN because we got snow on the ground
    was worried that was it buts its gonna
    warm up thank God so i can finish my cleanups

2. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

I know what you are talking about. We have been stalled out for a couple days here, but the snow should melt off and dry by sunday/monday. We still have alot left to do, so the warm week forcasted ahead is a blessing.

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

It has been very cold here the past 2 days. :(
    Yesterday when we left the house the chill factor was 11 degrees, the temps in the 30's and gusts of wind to 60 mph. It felt like winter out there and we did see our first snow flakes of this season.

4. BrandonGT

BrandonGT Guest

We had that over here for almost the whole day yesterday and all night.

Winds up to 60, temps in the low 30s, windchill in the mid-10s, and it was hailing for who knows how long.. every two hours the hail would wake me up last night.

Crazy weather.. I miss the lawn mower all ready. ;)

5. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Well we had our first TRUE signs of winter precipitation today. We had high winds and the sleet was mixed with snow. It was not only undesireably cold, but a very dreary day as well. Maybe those times that we get fed up during the season about trival bs really arent that bad afterall in hindsight -LOL!!!

C'MON SPRING!!! -LOL!!!
    Kris

6. Howzit! No snow here yet.

Aloha,

P.Y.S.

7. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Signs of winter here too. It dropped into the 50's a couple of nights, burrr... LOL. I feel for you guys up north, been there done that!

8. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Hey! Hey! Hey! (my best FatAlbert impression)

Its the Big Kahuna with a mower -LOL!!!

So how is the fall weather over there PYS??? Must be getting kinda cold - its gotta be what like 65* at night -LOL!!!

Kris

9. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

its 43 here now, still no snowflakes but it does feel like it, but its suppose to get close to 70 next few days :-((

10. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Chilly here yesterday high around 50 and frost and freeze warnings last nite. But sunny and dry. Suppose to warm up by the end of the week