snowing here

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Oct 2, 2003.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

The snow is falling here. Ground though is still too warm
  2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

You can have it.
  3. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I am pretty bummed about the weather conditions here. It's been about 50 degrees for the last week or so, and it's put a sudden stop to the season. I hope this isn't the end of the growing season, I sure would like to work a while yet.

And you know what makes me mad? When people come up to you and say "It's going to snow this week. I guess that's the end of the year for you, huh?" and they are almost happy about it. Rubbing it in. SCREW YOU! I'll make sure I'm there when you get laid off, too. "Sucks you lost your job. I guess you'll be going bankrupt now, eh?" :D :D
  4. tiedeman

from earth

I know what you mean. Last year we went until the first week of December and this year doesn't look so good. We have actually had to move our starting time up to 9am instead of 8am because of the frost and snow on the ground. THIS STINKS!!!
  5. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

5" on the ground near Ironwood, MI. More expected.
  6. tiedeman

from earth

What fun...I am not ready for winter
  7. RidgeCon

RidgeCon LawnSite Member

snow already, man I can't believe it....oh yeah it is Oct so dig out the sleds....
  8. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

snow/ice mix here for about an hour today.. Nothing stuck to the ground though...

Winter's coming.. Skis and board are sharp!!:blob3:
  9. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

Stop the madness,it's only october we have too much to accomplish this year before it snows...
  10. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

ya was going tospred topsoil and seed yaaaaaaaaaaaa she dosnet whant it till spring ....