Snowmobile for work?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by N.H.BOY, Jan 11, 2005.

1. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

Does any one use a snowmobile for work? Uncle Sam needs to know so I can get one for this year :D Work related?

2. caz1

caz1 LawnSite Member

I've never see one used in the lawn care thing but hey why not just make sure you stud the track and says you use it for aerating and thatching :waving:

3. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Not sure about the sled. I know an ATV can be deducted.

What did you have in mind with the snow machine?

4. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

i dont know about a snowmobile, but i just went skiing.....bought new skis. You can go down your customer lawns with skis, right? lol talked to a few people a few hundred miles away about my busines.....booom, here is my business expense - the trip

5. grshppr

grshppr LawnSite Senior Member

You could use the snowmobile to drop off your invoices in the winter months .....now its a write off. :cool2:

6. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea thats a great idea! Had a customer on this Mt. and the only way up is a snowmobile. Bomm a write off. Think that will work for uncle sam?

7. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

LOL. Say when you snow plow you have to get payed each time before hand. Thus having to get to the front door... the snows to deep to walk.. can't drive the truck because it will pack down the snow too much... gonna have to use the sled. :D

8. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

maybe if you have clients that are from out of town and you need to check on there houses or cottages and thats ne of your transportation then try it.

9. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

you guys are too funny.....we;ll think of all kinds of ways to "beat the system". at the end, it will enter us from behind no matter what. hehehe

10. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

If you have a snowblower, you may argue that you purchased the snowmobile to use to pull a sled with your snowblower on it so that you can get to your different clients faster than trying to drive your truck through places where the snow may be too deep to drive through. We don't get snow here.. so I don't know if something like this would work (being able to pull a sled). Also, I do not know if it is legal to drive a snowmobile on a street or not...