Snowplow alone, or front loader too?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by mdvaden, Jan 29, 2007.

1. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

You folks that move snow in winter, do you use just a snowplow, or do you use a tractor and front loader too?

Or, a front loader alone?

2. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I currently just use the truck w/ an 8'6" Fisher EZ-V on it. I am in the process of looking for a pusher for my Case skid-steer though.

3. RICHIE K

RICHIE K LawnSite Senior Member

We use plows and a loader but shoulden this be on PLOW SITE:hammerhead:

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

For snow removal you must think of the worst all the time. now on your accounts, what would move a 10 drift and two feet of snow on the parking lot the best way?

5. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

We work in real small parking lots that are a few miles apart. Front end loader would take forever to travers through the streets to get to and from sites. Therefore we use snow plows mounted on pickup trucks.

6. John Gamba

from ct

You can always use the loader to set back the piles that the plows leave later after the storm ends.

7. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

We have contracts that specify where piles are placed/located. Some lots have parking spaces that are taken up (for the year if its cold and it actually snows). They have to sign off on this.

We have clauses that also specify the cost for utilizing heavy equipment to relocated snow piles.

8. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Use my truck mainly. On a few of my commercials, if the piles are too big and I have no where else to put my snow, I rent a bobcat and come in and move it elsewhere, at an extra charge of course, but the customer knows about it as well since it is stated clearly in my contract

9. John Gamba

from ct

Some smaller plazas i had in the past i needed to rent dump trucks to remove the snow in the winter of 95 to 96. That sucked:cry: everybody needed the dumps that season big money and short on availability.

10. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

john dont u know anything u melt it in your hot tub :hammerhead: