Snows gone 2 days and the phones ringing, where r u !!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by General Grounds, Dec 15, 2002.

1. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob2: unbeleivable the damn snows gone 2 days and it rained here for a day and a half and i come home to messages on the machine asking if we forgot to do their clean-ups. one guy said im surpirsed your not here yet you usually have me done 1st week of Dec. i dont know maybe its just me, Tony

2. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

No, it's not you. I have those unbelievably stupid customers too!!! I often wonder how they have made it this far in life???:) ;) :) ED

3. SDlawndawg

SDlawndawg LawnSite Member

Yep. Similiar situation here.

4. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Kinda like during mowing season when it rains Mon,Tues,Wed, and Thurs and then it's sunny on Fri and a Thursday weekly customer calls on Fri asking where you were. We're surrounded by idiots!!!!! I've trained my customers that it's not a question of if I'll do it, but when.

5. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Fortunately, I've only had a couple calls. Most of my customers know that I am doing what I can when I can. Plus, last week I sent out letters about the leaf cleanups, so I think that helped some customers understand what is going on. Now it is supposed to rain tomorrow!! And then the temperature is supposed to drop again!

With this miserable leaf cleanup season, I hope it will be at least be a snowy winter (cover the leaves, and snowplowing).

6. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

General- Same boat here. What a nasty fall. We were able to get 3 accounts cleaned up today, along with some lime/fert. applications. People just have to understand, we're doing the best we can. Good luck, Mike

7. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Unfortunately people get restless. All you can do is call and communicate to them and they'll be fine. Part of being in business, customer relations. :)

8. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Ohhhhhhh Yeahhhhhh! Of course we're coming sometime soon! You're on the list! It has been raining and everything is a bit damp!! Now how many of those that called will call back after they get their bill complaining about a higher than normal fee because the leavesare heavy and wet and clean up time is increased? They'll be very quick to forget that we rushed right over to clean up their properties foregoing others. You know its a lose - lose situation. Just do your bestand smile all the way to the bank.

Bob

9. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

sometimes people are just checking to be sure. others don't want to wait, they figure you'll bump them just to shut them up .

first storm this yr, about 7", people were calling to ask if we were coming that week . DURING the storm!

10. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Don't lose focus of how hard it is for most people to find good reliable help. This means doing a good job and completing it in an appropriate timeframe. I hear you loud and clear that the snow just melted and then it rained but they are probably just scared you forgot about them. Isn't better to be wanted then unwanted?

Gravely_Man