Snowstorm affecting the northern half of the country this week

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by BMFD92, Mar 18, 2006.

1. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

Their is talk of a major snowstorm that is going to move across the northern half of the country next week. I know this should be on plowsite but this refers to cleanups. I have begun my cleanups last week and half a full week of cleanups scheduled and more calls coming in each day. If we get this storm then I am screwed and everything is pushed back. I have a lot of seeding and masonry jobs to get done to. I hope this storm blows over. I just wanted to hear everybody thoughts about this storm if they are affected and how they plan to work around it.

2. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

;) Ain't gonna happen...I pulled the blade off the tractor and mounted the deck already:hammerhead: :usflag:

3. Ol'time Lawncare

Ol'time Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I'm well in to clean-ups.The weather man is fool of it!Don't listen, just keep on going!

4. METRO 36

METRO 36 LawnSite Senior Member

I was doing clean ups until last saturday, sunday we had a foot of snow on the ground. monday 2more inches,same on thursday. It's 5:45 mt time and it's starting sleet/freezeing rain right now, so it doesnt look like ill get back on my cleanups for a week or,so its back to snow removal. Were used to that most years it snows all most everyday in march. So my clents understand. But make no mistake snows comeing.:cool2:

5. TURFLORD

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

I'm on schedule with apps and clean ups, so I'll take a little snow money too. Of course I took all that gear off the truck and Mother Nature saw me do it.:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

6. wissel_landscaping

wissel_landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

I havnt even started clean ups yet most of mine are in very good shape i spent the extra time in the fall. i'm not starting until its for sure the weather is gonna warm up and no snow. I wont start until atleast april 1st.