Snowstorm in the Midwest today...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Mar 21, 2008.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Blast. Just when we lost all of our snow cover too.....
    Looks like up to 6" here, but not as bad as some, could get a foot!
    Good thing next week looks like 40's so the snow won't stick around too long.
    Won't be mowing anytime soon:)
  2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I was very nervous watching this storm. We are going to be spared this time in Green bay. They are calling for an inch at the most here but Milwaukee is looking at 10+. They get warmer faster down there. We are only in the 30's for the next 7. Last year at this time I was gassed up and working. I still have at least 10 days to even start thinking about working.
  3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I had half of my spring clean-ups done by this time last year. First mow was the first week of April. I haven't even been out once yet. We still have snow piles here and there. We are suppose to get 3 inches today but I hope we don't get anything. Scary thing is the more snow you guys get up in wisconsin, the more flooding we get down here on the Rock and Mississippi Rivers. We have had enough already of flooding. Hopefully the weather guessers are just blowing this one out of proportion. I saw a local guy here fert and squirting a lawn yesterday and just spraying the liquid right on top of the snow piles, guess the snow piles doesn't bother him. LOL
  4. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

We are in for 6-8 inches today. I guess it's income, gives me more time to get the equipment ready for spring!:)
  5. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I see they have dropped the warnigns and advisories for northwest IL.
  6. freshcut419

freshcut419 LawnSite Member

i have 8 inches on my deck now friday night at 1030 in toledo ohio ouch
  7. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

13'' here and it's still snowing and blowing, some spots we have snow drifts 3 ft tall....where's spring.....?
  8. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

Here's a pic from a few mins ago..

9. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

im sitting here reading this thread in cleveland ohio, 3+ inches on the ground waiting for the go-ahead call from the boss to pull a long shift at the giant eagle down the street.

yay more money for mowing equipment!

after we do his shifts then we are gonna go hit our accounts since itll be sat morning and no one will really be needing to go anywhere early 2morrow morning.

but if you got 8" in toledo, it should be heading over here.
  10. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Man I feel for you guys down there we didn't get one snowflake from that storm up here in Green Bay but just south by about 60 miles they got snow. Hopefully some of you can profit with plowing but I know you Illinois guys are gonna be hurting to squeeze all the lawn work in in a very short period of time. Just pray for little rain.
    I know the "large chain" fert and squirt guys up here do the on top of the snow pile applications too but there are still places with 2 to 3 foot piles in places so I haven't seen any trucks with fish and puppys on the sides yet but I am sure they are ready. Sorry for the flooding down in Illinois. Believe it or not the river that flows thru Green Bay flows north and not south so we are filling lake Michigan which is pretty low. I do know what you are talking about on the western and southern sides, that is some nasty stuff. In 4 months we will be drinking ice water and wishing for a snowman.:laugh: