1. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

Reposted by Dino so it wasnt lost in a long thread.<br>I'm in Northwestern Vermont. Running GM chassies and Sno-Way plows. Is anyone else running Sno-Way and what are your experiences with them? So far I'm happy with ours, other than the quality of the welding they use putting them together. I'm a welder by trade from a previous life so I can fix them, but it seems a shame to have to. Also,, TrynEx spreaders, anybody else have one? If so,what luck have you had with the control box for them? Ours gave trouble from almost day one, they replaced the box under warranty and it was problems right from the start. I got the newer style box with &quot;real&quot; switches as opposed to touch pads and it seem to work fine. Now I'm fighting with the dealer over the who's going to pay for it. <br>

2. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

Alan the weigth of the urethane edge is 8# per foot for a 9&quot; wide edge. It was on my price sheet, I just was to bllind to see it. BTW folks he has 8' plows on s-10's. GM can handle the big stuff. LOL<br>Dino <p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org

3. cutntrim

cutntrim LawnSite Senior Member

We've got two snoways both 7.5'. One is lexan and the other steel. Lexan is on a '89 Chevy 2500, and the steel is on a '85 Chevy 2500. We bought the lexan one first and went with snoway for the downpressure feature since at the time we did a lot of driveways. Found out fast you need to buy the light kit since as soon as the blade gets some dirty, salty snow on it your headlights won't shine through. Punched a hole in the lexan our second season, they replaced it for free. This is our third year with it and we bought the new steel 7.5' last fall. Wish we'd have gotten a wider blade since the '85 Chevy is built like a tank and could handle a lot more plow. We plan to put wings on it next year if it's do-able. Our other truck is a 8' Meyers with wings and it's great. <p>Anyway, the snoways are really light which is nice and the electric connections have given us no problems (can't say the same for the couplers on our Meyers). The downpressure isn't all that it's cracked up to be for backdragging but it works well when going forward. They respond instantly when you toggle the switches for angle or to lift the plow. They stack nice and high. Don't like how they trip, feels like your plow is busting right off your truck's frame sometimes. We've learned to plow slowly 'till we know the lot. I don't really like the standard switch box that comes with it. Wish it was like the Western one. Overall though we've had good success with them, but having said that our next plow will probably be a Western V-Plow. <p>----------<br>Dave in S.Ontario<br>