1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Snowy laeves

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TURFLORD, Dec 8, 2005.

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

Here I sit trying to figure out something else to do with my thumb while wait for the snow to melt. I made a couple of bucks on the 2 storms that came through this week but lost twice as much on fcu's that I couldn't get to. I WILL GET THOSE CLEAN UPS DONE.Anybody else out there raking leaves the day before xmas?
  2. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

we have a hard freeze here, couple inches on the ground for a week, more coming tonight 4 to 8 inches, and another week of cold after that,

may not thaw till spring.....
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Cleanups are the last thing on my mind right now with 6-8 inches of snow on the way tonight and tomorrow.
  4. Ol'time Lawncare

Ol'time Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

There saying snow here in south jersey tonight and Friday.If i get any calls before X-mas yes i'll be out there working!!!

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

I just checked the weather, what happened to the flurries? Those fcu's I spoke of were good for $1500. :cry:
  6. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

We got a couple of inches of snow here. I'm going to have to take vacation at my other job (fire dept) and work every day until the holidays to get these cleanups done.
  7. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

If possible, I will work up to the 23rd and then if needed finish up in January. At this point, Fark it!
  8. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Myself as well as most LCO's here started our final rounds late last week. We're all screwed. Will probably be out in a few weeks weather permitting & work when we can. I still have not quite 200 final c-u's to do. Not to mention it sucks b4 holidays to lay guys off 3 -4 weeks early!
  9. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

I gave up on cleanups...we have 4-5 inches on the ground right now with 4-6 on the way tonight.:dizzy: I need some:sleeping: !!!
  10. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

No way I'm giving up on the clean-ups. This has happened in the past, and we were able to finish most. We've got 50-60 final clean-ups to go. I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed that this storm fizzles out, and it looks like we will be getting some weather in the 40's for Sunday/Monday/Tuesday. Hope for the best.