1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Snowy Leaves

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fga, Dec 2, 2003.

1. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

I went out this morning to check my trucks as usual, just a faint flurry here and there, no big deal. Spent about an hour catching up on paper work waiting for my worker........this is what I came out to. It doesn't look like much on the pavement, but it was snowing too much to get a grass shot. About a good sloppy half inch to an inch in some spots? Ever cut grass in these conditions????
  2. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Won't work.

Tried to mulch some leaves last year in similar conditions. ---Started to do a lawn, and before I knew it ther was a half inch.

The snow sticks to the deck, and makes one solid sheet of ice. It's not easy to get off either. :angry: Now that was a bad day.
  3. fga

I didn't think so, but guess when you start an account, you have to atleast finish it. Phish, how did you get that picture of the VW bus on all your posts? Alot of guys have pics of some weird things there, cartoons, etc. etc. I'd like tp personalize mine alittle more. Thanks.
  4. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

i blew out a a 2500 sq ft bed today that had about 1/2" of snow on top of the leaves. surprisingly the woodchips underneath prevented the leaves from freezing into the ground like all the other yards. Never mowed the stuff though :)
  5. T Edwards

T Edwards LawnSite Member

I don't blame you Adam......I'd get rid of that lame Yankees logo too.
  6. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

We have a Walker and as long as it's cold enough the snow and leaves will both get sucked up. And it's real easy to see where you have done. We finished up a couple lawns last year that were about 1" deep.
  7. fga

sounds like they should be paying you for snow removal also,lol. Did people look at you like you were crazy?