So a Lastec and a Walker are about the same price , Why's a Lastec overpriced?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CharlieBingo, Nov 24, 2005.

1. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

I would think a Lastec gives more for the money than a Walker but no one is calling Walker overpriced?
  2. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

for those of us not in the know, spell out the apples to apples comparison.

Walkers are not for everyone, but I could see a great advantage to running walkers in many situations.
  3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I for one think that Walkers are overpriced. I just don't understand what you can do with a walker that you can't do with any ztr with a grass collector on it.

The Lastec machines are definately worth the money unlike the Walkers in my opinion.
  4. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

The Lastec are made for different type properties than the Walkers. Walker are designed for small to medium size lawns that need to be bagged and groomed.

LASTEC LawnSite Member

I'm not trying to sell you a Lastec over a Walker, but i have a customer that owns both... i sold him a 72" Articulator and told him to mow the groomed areas that he uses his walker in now... he said he did think the lastec would work in those areas.... about an hour after i left his house he took my advice and put the 72" Articulator in the groomed areas where he uses the walker... He later called me to tell me he did this and was glad he did... The 72 had better cut and was much faster. The Walker is now for sale.
  6. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

now that is an impressive claim. one worth of posting in the testimonials on your website.
  7. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

I would be interested in seeing how he could get that 72" mower through a gate. We have mowers up to 72" and use whatever works best on the property. Like us Walker owners say a million times, they have their place the same as every mower. I would be willing to bet that most Walker owners also end up owning a fast midmount and use them both depending on the lawns. Around here we would be pretty limited in the lawns we could do if we didn't have the walker for leaves. It would take forever to clean up some properties using blowers or tarps. Of course we also have many properties where the Walker sits on the trailer.

LASTEC LawnSite Member

I agree with you 100% Walker has it's place and it is a great mower and for us getting that 72" through the gate... it's not happening. all i was saying in the other post is that our 72" would cut with the same or better quality in the groomed areas.
  9. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

Shane White I am getting very excited looking at the Lastec. Does it have a mulching kit ? How does it mulch and is the striper kit little rollers ?
    When can I demo one?