1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

So are you a professional?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Phishook, Aug 28, 2003.

1. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

We all know the definition now. So where do you think you rank?:confused:
  2. NOPE, I am an "Expert" from the definition.....;)
  3. GLAN

GLAN Banned

4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Just like beauty,it is in the eyes of the beholder....The customer!
  5. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

its all relative. dont u get it? i dont have have to outrun the bear, i just have to outrun you. i was out in long island, visiting my uncle. my uncle took me to his nieghbors house, his nieghbor was losing two alberta spruce. the nieghbor talked to his "landscaper'' about it, the landscaper told him its was from drought, and fungus. i told the nieghbor to go inside and get me a paper plate. i put it under the spruce, shook it, and then showed him the tiny red dots running around the plate. now, compared to his landscaper, i looked like a "professional", in reality, im just a bit more knowledgable than the other guy, does this make me a professional? i dont know. i think he said his landscapers name was glan something or other, i forget, but my point is, to be a "professional", u dont have to be great, just better than the competition. am i better than the competition? im better than some, not as good as others. bottom line is, are you accomplishing what YOU want to accomplish? if the answer is yes, than you are a professional. do you have what you need, and some of what you want? if you do, then you are a professional. by the way, how do u spell, professional?
  6. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Your on the Island and you don't call??

Oh and uh that "glan something or another" Guess I am dropping your Uncle post haste..........;)
  7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

YAH what mike said:D
  8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I rank at where my customers want me to rank

Does that answer make since:confused:
  9. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

hmmm Schooling