So are you in random drug testing?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by 4 seasons lawn&land, Dec 18, 2012.

1. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

I got a Class A CDL this summer. Planned on keeping things simple with myself as the only driver. Just finding out that even the owner/operator needs to be enrolled in a random drug test program

2. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Random drug testing...that's dangerous!!!! You should always know what drugs you're taking so you know what to expect.

OK...but seriously. That just sounds weird...how exactly would one go about that? You arrange for someone to just show up randomly for a sample?

3. 4 seasons lawn&land

from NY

Worse. You arrange for someone to randomly call you and you have to up and leave immediatly to go get tested. Dont forget your check book

4. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

prior to retiring I had moved up quite far in management. When the cdl/drug testing laws were in acted we darted random drug testing. I kept my CDL after moving up. To my surprise (but didn't care) my name popped up for testing just about every other time. At the time we had close to 800 employees that were subject to random testing.

5. you should have been buying lottery tickets with that luck.

6. 4 seasons lawn&land

from NY

this is about owners though. employees is one thing. Now its basically everyone in this business with this requirement, owner or not.

7. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

CDL laws are the same for everyone as they should be.

8. Moose's Mowing

Moose's Mowing LawnSite Senior Member

is this a national thing? Im in PA and haven't heard anything about this. I have a valid class A, but I don't use it for anything at the moment. I plan to keep it current. Do I have to "enroll" in something if I'm not actively driving?

9. 4 seasons lawn&land

from NY

only if you have dot numbers on a truck.

10. 4 seasons lawn&land

from NY

Go vote obama in for a 3rd term