1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

So. Cal. Fires

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by irrig8r, Oct 24, 2007.

1. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Some of you may have friends or family members affected. A cousin of mine in the San Diego area was evacuated yesterday.

A surprising number of sprinkler and outdoor lighting companies are headquartered in Southern California.

I heard yesterday that many of the folks who work at Unique Lighting were evacuated.

Today I went to the Hunter website and they have the following message on the main page.

Let's keep those Southern California residents and firefighters in our thoughts and prayers.

San Marcos, California,Tuesday, October 23, 2007, 4:00 PM PST

Much of San Diego County is under mandatory evacuation orders because of raging wildfires. The usual operations of Hunter Industries' San Marcos Headquarters have been affected but are starting back up on a limited basis if employees are willing and able to return to work.

Hunter Industries will have limited operations and administrative functions beginning this afternoon, but we anticipate that limited service is likely to continue through the week. We will continue to monitor the situation and will restore full business operations as soon as possible.

In spite of all this, we are doing our best to ensure the security of our employees while we make sure that there is minimal affect in the level of service we can provide to our customers. Our Customer Support and Technical Service areas will be open tomorrow during our regular service hours although call wait times may be affected.

Certain departments located in San Marcos may be difficult to reach. We ask that you leave a message or contact your field sales representative if your matter is urgent. We appreciate your patience as we deal with these high risk and fast-changing circumstances.
  2. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Irrigation = CA = firestorms, mudslides, earthquakes, floods = end of world
  3. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

In a nutshell. With the emphasis on nut.
  4. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Rotar > influence typing = no communicate.whole.sentence
  5. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

words=complete thoughts if you think enough..

less type.more think.
  6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

less think - more drink
  7. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

lol funny as it sounds i'm a better laborer when im a little off in the am..

but this thread=to the people in the fires..

lets stay on topic for once this year irritators.
  8. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

We send the fire-eaters our best wishes.

And marshmallows.
  9. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Pave it........
  10. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Unless you've seen one of these Santa Ana wind-driven chaparral fires up close and pesonal... pictures, videos and news stories just don't do the absolute terror justice. It truly is hell on wheels. I still have family in the OC and hopefully no arsonist starts one near them. Personally... if they ever catch the guys (and yes there are more than one of them because they always come out when the Santa Ana's blow) they ought to throw them inside a crematorium furnace... ALIVE!