So do you have one?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by FinerCutslawnCare, Feb 6, 2006.

1. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys, I was thinking about maybe creating a website to show customers pics of my work and more info and etc. Do any of you guys have one and if you do where did you set it up????? Also if you wouldn't mind could you give me the name of your website if you have one so I can get an idea???? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!! Thanks....:waving:

2. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Personally, I do not have one, however have been thinking of creating one. There are tons of companies that will host your site real cheap, like $10 for the year. LawnSite has a website develepment forum, a bunch of people have posted links to their website there, you can probably get a lot of other info there as well.

3. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

www.wellslawncare.com
    Like procut mentioned, there is a whole forum dedicated to website development within Lawnsite. In that forum you should be able to get all of your questions answered.

4. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

www.gmlandscapes.com

I find my website to be real useful. I'm constantly directing customers to it to look at pictures of completed projects, and I usually get great feedback from them.

I did mine with Microsoft Frontpage and it was relatively easy to build, although I do have a computer background. I don't know if Tonygreek is around here anymore, but he was pretty helpful when I had some questions.

5. BMFL79

BMFL79 LawnSite Member

www.taroneslawncare.com

My wife put this together for us. I just started the business last summer, but I have gotten a few calls from it. We went with godaddy.com. It was pretty cheap for the domain name, and pretty cheap for the hosting. I think we paid around $50 for both for the year. The price goes down if you pay for multiple years, but we didn't know what the year would bring. Put a counter at the bottom to track how many people visit.

Good Luck

6. Joey bag a' donuts

Joey bag a' donuts LawnSite Member

7. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

Mine is hosted by 1and1.com. I pay less than $6/year.

8. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

I had to go check mine out last night. Posted the link to my website and upon checking the link found out my site was temporarily unavailable. Everything's straight now so here's the link: www.earthmgt.com