so funny, customer dont remember me

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Jun 30, 2003.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

while trimming today, a car pulled up, its a very old couple, i go over, they ask, can u give us a price for trimming, and grass cutting? i say, sure. well, the funny thing, we did them about 4 years ago, i lost them do to emergency surgery i needed, they couldnt wait till i healed. so they tell me they have a guy mowing now, but are unhappy with him. i give them a price, im hired. they told me they hope im better than the others, they have never found a decent guy yet. they dont even know who i am.

2. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

Had a similar story last year. I put flyers out in the same neighborhood that i did the year before and the people called wanting an estimate. I went and gave it to them, not telling them that I have them a bid the year before, and they said they would hire me for that amount. Well I bid it $5 more than i did the year before, and the year before they said i was TOO EXPENSIVE. don't know their change of heart. maybe he got a raise or maybe they had a real crummy lco and learned that good service is worth good money.

3. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

So, they basically called you lousy, Bobby? :laugh:

4. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Bobby do a great job for them and they should remember you. Best of luck to you.

Gravely_Man

5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I was thinking the same thing. That's pretty funny.
    Bobby, I hope you do a better job maintaining their lawn than you did last time. ;)

Just kidding around with ya. :)

6. above all

above all LawnSite Member

Bobby you didn't say , but did you have a beard when you mowed them last? Long Hair ? Just kidding, love to read your posts.. But really why would you pick up an OLD client that dropped you and now with them being older ( 70-80s im guessing is probably a bigger pita now then before. He just dropped the 'new" guy and picked you up off the street. If he did not notice that you were the guy that took better care of this lawn before how can he be smart enought or see well enought to know that he is getting a better job done by you.

7. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

Haha, I had this happen too... most of what they wanted was side work, I gave them an hourly price, they never called. This spring, same deal. WHen I got there this spring they said "didnt you give us an estimate last year" I was like "oh jeez, time to waste another hour". Funny thing is, they didnt have anyone else do the work either....

8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I too have had this happen to me...but usually if its a customer that I remember from the past that has dropped me, I will not take them back.

9. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Ditto that.

:D

10. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll bet if you gave them a cut or two in your army boots & spandex's like you mentioned in another thread (jokingly..............I think:rolleyes: )they'd remember you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!