1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

so hot I wanna puke

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Mike M, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa

Southern guys, when does it cool off down here? Every time I step outside I soak my shirt like I fell in a river. The sun is making me wanna throw up. Seriously, this reminds me of living in PA and waiting for winter to end. I feel like I caught yellow fever or something. Maybe I did. Do they still have those misquito disseases down here? Really, I'm getting dizzy.

I think I should head to a pub, watch college ball, and drink some cold ones until October comes.

Cooler weather, plus, the lighting biz better pick back up or my daughter's catholic school principal is gonna start beating me with a yard stick for not paying her tuition on time.

I'm heading out to cry in a frosted beer glass.
  2. Mike M

from usa

3. bmwsmity

bmwsmity LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Ohio

i cant imagine working down there.... i hate the heat and humidity here in ohio.... at least this year it's been pretty bearable for a change.

last year i did a job and it was over 102 degrees the whole week.... blah.
  4. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

The good news is that you are in the coastal south, and it has pleasant weather year round. There is no real winter in the southern gulf. In October, it will go from hot and muggy to warm and muggy. In January, it is still pretty much 55-80 degrees as you follow Interstate 10 from texas to Florida. And pretty muggy all along the way. I head to the coastal south in February to take a couple of cruises after the crazy Christmas light season. After working in 10 degree temps, 50-70 degrees in February is awesome.
  5. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

ah, its not so bad, you get used to it after a while. before long 95 will feel good to you!
  6. Mike M

from usa

Just got back from (2) beers and some lame sat night college games.

I just need summer to end and fall to begin. It was so flipping hot the past few months. Fire ants x (2), wasps x (2), (3) showers a day, and fermented gatoraide. I grew up thinking the phrase "endless summer" was a good thing. Well, the truth is, Mr. Heat Miser from that Christmas special when we were kids, was satan.
  7. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

This weekend we have the remmanants of Gustaf over us making it warm and rainy, but our night time temperatures have started their dive to freezing. We had our first frost a couple of nights ago and the birch's are starting to turn colours now.
  8. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

mid 80's here now. Has been in upper 90's and real humid this tropical season so this is feeling pretty darn good.

Seems the humidity is worse yet this year. By Mid to late October and into november things will be realllly nice to work in. I love the 60's
  9. coxlandscaping

coxlandscaping LawnSite Member

It's been real hot hear all summer Last week was in the mid to upper 90's with the humidity being up to. It almost makes you wish for winter of course when it's 30 and 40 deg. Will be bitching about cold weather.
  10. tdf

tdf LawnSite Member

Every year around this time I want Fall to hurry and come and around Feb I am itching for Spring again.