So I bought a bed edger........

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lynden-Jeff, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Well what a great purchase. The dealer let me demo on an entire yard full of beds today and we did about 4 hours worth of edging in 30 minutes. Its the new BROWN Bed "redefiner". About $2000 cad with the Honda. I will post some pics up tomorow, there is no info yet about it online.

Cheers
    Jeff

2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

congrats. I am very envious! lots of luck with it!

3. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I used to have a brown...it will wear your legs out pulling it backwards, I have a self propelled sidewinder and it is a edging macine....send me info on your trimmer racks if you don't mind...

4. Lynden-Jeff

This is like 1/4 the side of the trench master size browns, I will post pics up. I would never buy one of those big aqward things.

5. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I've owned both...and I would never have another pull type edger, the self propelled one does twice the work my old trenchmaster did....

6. Lynden-Jeff

I don't think so, this is a brand new product from brown, just released at the lawn show 3 months ago, its tiny compared to the trench masters. Still does just as good compared to the $4000 little wonder with a briggs lol.

Cheers
    Jeff

7. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Congrats, I had the big Brown last season and sold it. I was tired of all the clean up. I FINALLY got my LittleWonder with 13 Honda today and I edged a yard that we did with the Brown last year, which we did in short time, but the clean up took awhile. This year we were in and out in less than 10 MINUTES from start to finish! I heard about this new edger from Brown but I needed something that cleans up quick too. I'm glad they decided to make it a little smaller.

8. Lynden-Jeff

Yea its ALOT smaller. 3 wheeled, 3 depth settings and 2 belts. Basically engine to blade and thats it lol. Nicely piles dirt up beside your edge. Will post pics when I get it.

Cheers

9. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

My dealer was telling me about it and I thought it sounded pretty nice. I think he said it was like $1400 whcih is much better then the big brown wich is is trying to sell me for $2200. I would like to see the pics when you get them.

10. johndeerboy26

johndeerboy26 LawnSite Member

Is this the one that is 90lbs and just redefines the beds.