So I guess BOP is a dead issue

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by milkie62, Feb 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. milkie62

milkie62 LawnSite Senior Member

Have not been on here much since my kids are out of college and I am not hustling the extra money so much.Looked around since I was interested in the BOP mowers.Checked the website and stiil a dead issue I see.Was hoping they were back up going strong since I would have liked one for my lawn to go along with my 3100 Ferris.

2. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

It's not a dead issue bc lots of guys still use them and you could prob find a used one for very reasonable if you wanted. You can still get parts on their site.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

4. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Like most things no longer made, we tend to remember them as better than they actually were. What is the attraction? Price? They started as single hydro fixed deck, not very versatile. There are other hydro wb for not much more that are still in production.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. lawnsaspire

Do you always search out threads about BOP jus to crap on them? From what I understand, you've never owned one. I did and I used and abused it. The only reason I sold is because I no longer had the need of a 36 inch mower after the release of the turf master. The only dislike I had was that the deck clogged so easily. But you can say that about overpriced toro and exmark mowers as well. Exact Rototilling has actually fixed that problem by experimenting with different blades. I actually wish they would start up their business again. Their service was far superior than most dealers I've dealt with. Sometimes I wonder how you made it on the list of most respected lawnsite members with your random opinionated comments.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. lawnsaspire

Plus that PM review actually said some great things about the mower. I definitely wouldn't discourage someone from buying a used one. If they can handle all the maintenance on their own.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. prezek

prezek LawnSite Member

Love mine. Don't put a ton of hours on it anymore. Probably 1400 or so on it. Maintenance is simple. I guess I will continue to be a wannabe contractor with my 300 properties....

8. Richard Martin

Just as soon as you find me making an untrue statement please let me know. :laugh:

9. lawnsaspire

I just did sir.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Richard Martin

Right.........:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.