1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

So I Had A Rough Week.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by scagboy227, May 6, 2005.

1. scagboy227

scagboy227 LawnSite Member

I got a scag 48 inch beltdrive and hell broke lookse this week
    1st. the transmission belt broke.
    2nd the retaiing pin came off the transmission wheel and the pully wheel came off
    i got both of those fixed and then i got a flat front caster wheel.
    After all that i think my mower is fine now lol
  2. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, I know the feeling. Once you get the problems ironed out it should be ok.
  3. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I have had worse. This was a while ago, so some of the equipment has changed.
    Broke the drive belt on both standers in the same day. 2nd belt broke after 1pm on saturday so much for getting a new belt from dealer. Auto parts store didn't have one either. I thought I could make it with one machine when the first one broke for the rest of the day. I guess not. My 48" ferris hydrowalks SD then decided to have carb problems. So that was out of service. So I had to press my Kubota B7500 into service to cut grass. Every try to put a 60" MMM on after you took the loader off? Can't do it. :realmad:

We all have had that happen. Where one machine will have 2 to 5 problems in the same week. It can drive you up the wall at times. Don't worry about it. Its all part of the business. It could have been worse. The motor could have thrown a rod or the tranny go.
  4. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

drink a few cold 1s over the weeknd and take it easy u deserve it my friend.... maybe go out on the lake and catch a few slabs
  5. boxoffire

boxoffire LawnSite Member

Well if it makes you feel any better I worked my butt off Wednesday only to get home and fine out I shattered my rear window on my Jeep with a rock I guess. Cost to replace, $225. How much money I made that day? $210. All out the window so to speak.