So I sent out my first round of 3k Newspaper insters..NO calls

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Adam3669, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Adam3669

Adam3669 LawnSite Senior Member

Sent out 3300 Newspaper insterts last wednesday with the major paper around here...Sent them all to one zip code. NO calls. Not one. I must be doing something wrong..?

Next batch goes out this wednesday...maybe I'll try a different zip code.

Argh, just a rant.

2. newtostone

newtostone LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

maybe when it warms up a bit your phone will start ringing, please keep us up to date on how they work out. I am looking at doing the same thing, and if i recall you have posted your flyer and it looks pretty good.

3. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

Its all about timing.

4. RickR1818

RickR1818 LawnSite Senior Member

still too cold. I have 3000 door hangers I want to put out but the weather here is still in the 30-40s.

5. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

People are busy and tend to procrastinate. when i put out door hanger ive seen it take weeks for people to call. So settle down and let phone calls roll in

6. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

In our house, newspaper inserts get thrown out when the newspaper gets tossed. They might not have the longevity in the household as long as a door hanger. If you didn't get a quick response, it might be expecting too much to think the insert will get a response in a couple of weeks. I don't know, just a thought.

7. jdogg399

jdogg399 LawnSite Member

Yeah sent out about 500 and only had 2 calls wishing for more but people will come if you built it they will come

8. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Say what? Please explain.

9. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

I send out my flyers as inserts and I ALWAYS get work if.. they are timely. I'm not sure what your climate is there but here we still got 3 feet of snow on the ground. In about 5 weeks though it should be melted and people will start thinking about clean ups, that's when I advertise. 10k gets me more clean ups then I can do with 2 helpers. About a hundred jobs.

10. jdogg399

jdogg399 LawnSite Member

I mean if you do good work buid your business the customer will come they always do