"So I was taking a quick leak when" stories

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Crammin'Mows, May 31, 2014.

1. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i think i've went number 1 at every house i mow at one time or another. i'm not gonna pack it all up and drive 15min just to go take a leak somewhere. :laugh:

woods, bushes, behind outbuildings you name it. i just hate when you have to stop during the middle of mowing to take a leak. :laugh:

2. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

lmao......................

3. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Enclosed trailers and an assortment of empty bottles are a life saver.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

I had a buddy back east who ran a port john services

"Scotty's Potty's"

"we're number 1 in the number 2 business"

That was his tag line.

I took one of his portajohns and mounted it to the back of my isuzu behind the drivers side.
    On the passenger side I had a small desk, a microwave and a folding chair.

The porta john was one of those types with the had washer that you pump in it.

the rest of the space was enclosed like normal in the form of a poor mans super lawn truck.

I paid him to service it once a week.

We both thought the idea of a "truck loo" would catch on like wild fire and we'd make money on the conceptÂ….

It didn't.

IT was neat while it lasted. (not all my ideas go somewhere)

I got the idea by seeing porta johns strapped to the back of highway worker trucks and also have seen them int he back of mini trailers, also hauled around by highway workers.

5. jones68

jones68 LawnSite Senior Member

Drill hole in floor of enclosed trailer. Attach hose to a funnel attach funnel to wall and run hose through floor. I keep saying I'm going to do this but I haven't taken the time yet. Luckily I haven't been caught taking a leak anywhere yet.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

I see scottys potties on long island all the time

7. Crammin'Mows

Crammin'Mows LawnSite Member
    from Oregon

Shot down a dirt road shortcut the other day, where high schoolers smoke marijauna apparently, to take a leak on the way to the next job, when a cop comes rolling up. I stashed and dashed back into the pickup, and he just rolled by smiling and laughing at me. Got bigger fish to fry than poor landscaper dude trying to fit a bathroom break into the work day.

8. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Did you get invited in to the lady's place?

9. loveitgreen

loveitgreen LawnSite Member

I keep thinking I'll do this too. My Dad had this setup in his home renovation job trailer, and it worked great. Only issue was in the winter, when we pulled away from a week long job and left a patch of yellow ice on the driveway. Hmmm, trailer must have been leaking something....

10. M&L

M&L LawnSite Member

Had a roommate a while back move out and leave a bunch of stainless water bottles. Let's just say they come in handy. There's always a place to drive off to fill one up :laughing:

By far, my worst "on the job" story was around this time last year. Had just picked up 3 rental properties, all from the same owners. Had gate keys and garage door openers (so I could set timers). Somewhere between too much coffee and I should have worn shorts, I found my self in a vacant garage sweating and panicing because the door to the inside was locked. That bucket got tossed, and extra socks are a must :laughing:
    Posted via Mobile Device