1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

so its end of year.... how do you keep your records?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by slikrick, Dec 27, 2004.

1. slikrick

slikrick LawnSite Member
    from FL

im using the dome accounting book and was wondering if any of you guys use the same or what you might use throughout the year and what works best for you?
    its my first year and the dome book worked well but its works on a weekly time frame. is there anything else out there that you all recommend? and does anyone know of any flaws or have any complaints to the dome book or any other system let me know.
  2. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

Quickbooks. Run a year end report for the CPA, pay him and it's off to work I go and go...
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Not sure what the dome book is. We use QuickBooks Pro 2003 for the time being. We love it too btw...
  4. slikrick

slikrick LawnSite Member
    from FL

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Sort of like using the Register in QuickBooks. You should look into QB's IMO...
  6. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I use Quickbooks also my wifes friend helps me with most of it besides the billing then I take it to my accountant.
  7. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Does Quick Books also do billing?
  8. Cutters Lawn Care

Cutters Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Yes quickbooks does do billing.
  9. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Been using quickbooks for years. I recently purchases Quickbooks Pro 2005 for next year. See that Rod?? Pro 2005.
  10. mowboy1

mowboy1 LawnSite Member

I used Simply Accounting because that is what my accountant used. If you use an accountant (and I hope you do for at least your taxes) then it may be worth while asking what they use and then get the same program. If you use the same program it makes it real easy come tax time (or any other time you need help)... just give them a copy of your data file. This beats pages and pages of print outs and phone calls asking for more info. Plus you could email it to them.

Anyway, this worked well for me.