So long...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by summitgroundskeeping, Aug 14, 2002.

1. summitgroundskeeping

summitgroundskeeping LawnSite Senior Member

Bye bye Hobart,

I leaving for Purdue University this Friday and am leaving SGK in the hands of my partner, my brother (God help me). I'm majoring in Landscape Horticulture and Design, and getting a minor in Agro-business. I'm already in a fraternity (Alpha Gamma Rho), and it is an agriculture fraternity mainly consisting of guys from Indiana. Since I was a soph. in high school, I've had an extremely busy schedule... work, lifegaurding, school, college classes, chicks, and time demanding sports (Cross Country and Swimming). Well I start off with 17 credit hours and my first class is Monday the 19th and it is at 8:30 (BTNY 210).
    I'll pass on the knowledge I hope to recieve in return for everything you guys taught me.
    So I'll be talking to you guys from central Indiana now instead of Northwestern Indiana for a few months. Good luck to all you guys.:waving:

2. Southern Lawns

Southern Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

The best of success to you as well.
    Raymond

3. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Study hard for all of us too! :D

4. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

I've taken the correspondence course on structural pest control from Perdue (standard in the industry). I'm wondering if they offer any courses on turf management through correspondence?

5. Tony
    Certified Turfgrass Professional
    through Professional Lawn Care Assoc. of America and University of Georgia. Use link and click on Certification

www.plcaa.org

6. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

Greg:

Best of luck with your studies. If I may, I would like to leave you with some words of wisdom my father gave me (and he was a Harvard Ph.D.). He told me "Never let school interfere with your education". In otherwords, don't get so bogged down in school that you don't have fun, meet interesting people, and experience life. :)

7. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

just don't get that degree and become a manager at TGCL!! :eek: ;)

seriously. best of luck with your studies.