So many aplicant but hired no one

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Tri-City Outdoors, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

No buscando en los lugares correctos. El trabajo de los Ilegales. Obama se lo agradecera.

2. Tri-City Outdoors

Tri-City Outdoors LawnSite Member

Are you hinting that I need to lean Spanish. LOL

3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Sí Grindo Blanco no es bueno

4. Tri-City Outdoors

Tri-City Outdoors LawnSite Member

Ric:
    Had to find a online translator to get it be you are dead right.

Update:
    After a 146 applicants. I had 4 good potential labors. Had them interviewed and just need to decide which 2 got the jobs. While on the phone with a family friend a made a comments about new hires. 5 mins later at 10:30pm I got a call....Long story short had a new guy at the shop at 6am. 30 mins after the start of the shift I got a call from the crew leader. Telling me I did not need to hire anyone else because the new guy can do the work of 2 labors with quality.
    With the advise from this thread. I received 4 good potential crew leader. One really was the man for the job. The 1st day he sold a install for us but had to be done by today sat. 6-29. I explain my new hire issues. He laughed and had a crew for me the next day. All very skilled and fast hard workers. Only skill they are missing is the English language.

Thanks

5. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

De nada

If you can't beat them, then join them. If you find a white boy who is good this year, he will be your competitor next year. Of course most who are willing to do landscape work are Crack heads etc. It is not the type of job many people are willing to do for $ 10.00 an hour.

Most Hispanic workers who are willing to do landscaping can't speak enough English to go into business for themselves. They are willing to work hard and be honest. However the Trade off is they are hard on equipment as a general rule. Their culture and education is such that they don't understand mechanics real well. What I found was a group of Hispanic worker who took great pride and social prestige in being hard workers. I gave them autonomy to do the job and never looked back.