1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

so my hedge trimmers got stolen....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Orkin Yards, Aug 24, 2002.

1. Orkin Yards

Orkin Yards LawnSite Senior Member

They didn't really get much, they were about 4 year old green machine that have gotten PLENTY of use out of them, and they havent been running good at all, the stydle i was using was the onces where your hands are at a perpendicular angle with each other, i was wondering what is the best thing to get, i only have about 300 maybee a little more if needed to spend....are the trimmers where both the handles are parallel to each other easier to use or what? haven't been in the market for hedge trimmers so don't know what's the best....any particular reccomendaitons?
  2. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Although a little heavy, I prefer the redmax shears over echo and tanaka. Very sharp, very clean cut.

3. gvandora

gvandora LawnSite Member

Just curious, but what are guys out there using your hedgers for? Shearing is only useful on some plants. Personally, hand pruning or using hands shears is best for many plants. Just curious which ones.
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I've been using Echo for the past 7 or 8 years. I like them...they're not heavy and they hold their edge pretty good. The articulating model is especially my favorite.
  5. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Stihl HS-45 hedge trimmer and love it. It's very light compared to the HS-80 and is more powerful than all of the Echo trimmers so I was told by the dealer that sells both. Anyway, I love it so far and I'm considering getting another one.
  6. dforbes

dforbes LawnSite Member

We use Shindiawa hedge trimmers and weedeaters. I have a 1987 weedeater that still runs. We don't use it every day anymore but use it as a spare. Bought it from the company I used to work for when they decided to concentrate on fert apps. We use our hedge trimmers mostly in the spring on our biggest property. They have 80,000 sq ft of beds. mostly spirea we cut it down to 6" every spring then it grows to about the right size durring the season. This is the only efficient way to handle this property. It takes 4 - 5 tractor trailers of mulch each spring to keep it looking nice.
  7. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

I have had nothing but GREAT results from my RedMax hedge trimmers. I use the CHT2200 (double-sided). Heck, they were even stolen out of my garage last year and made their way back home to pappa! Two thugs are now bound over the Grand Jury...and I'm still making 'the jack' with those trimmers. Yep, they are my "lucky" hedge trimmers, for sure. :)

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread....page=20&highlight=serial numbers&pagenumber=2

You cannot go wrong with Redmax! :D
  8. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

I prefer the hedge trimmers on a pole, but they would cost a little more than the regular ones!